Welcome to #SoulTies 2. In #SoulTies 2, we look at the operation of #SoulTies in the life of the Christian who has not spent time renewing his/her mind with the Word of God. We see from the scriptures that #SoulTies are actually used by the devil to draw the believer into sinful conduct.
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 2 Tweetcast
- We continue from where we stopped a few days ago. We stopped at identifying common soul ties.
- In Soul Ties, we’ll look at #SoulTies that operate mainly in the emotional realm, if time permits, we’ll look at the sexual realm too
- Please note that this is a tweet cast to Christians who desire to live to their maximum God-given potential
- Hence, the #SoulTies stuff we are sharing here is bible-based. If you’re allergic to the Bible, please fasten your seat belts
- Because we’ll be dishing bible stuff here on #SoulTies that may make you a bit uncomfortable at some point
- Some of the terminology will also be detailed and graphic so bear with us
- We’ll start by looking at some scriptures that pertain to #SoulTies before we proceed to analyse them
- Col 3:5a: “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection…”
- The Bible defines #SoulTies as inordinate affection that should be mortified or put to death in our conduct as born-again believers
- Ezekiel 23:11: “…she was more corrupt in her inordinate love than she, and in her whoredoms more than her sister in her whoredoms.”
- Hebrews 11:15: “…if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to return.”
- From Heb 11:15, we see that #SoulTies were developed through our lifestyles in Egypt as unbelievers. We learnt a lot of them in Egypt
- From Heb 11:15, we see that if our minds are not renewed with God’s word, we’ll seek opportunities to return to practice our #SoulTies
- From Heb 11:15, we also see that the memories of our previous #SoulTies are not hazy. They are clear, vivid and reproducible.
- Yes, you are now born again but you didn’t forget how your last boyfriend in Egypt made you feel
- Yes, you are born again now and tongue talking, but you can’t forget that super experience your last girlfriend gave you
- Yes, you are now moving up the spiritual ladder in church, but that last girl keeps nagging you to come for more
- From Heb 11:15, we also see that there is an entire country we left practicing #SoulTies we are supposed to mortify
- From Heb 11:15, we also see that we make comparisons at certain crucial moments between our previous #SoulTies and our new life in the Spirit
- When the Israelites were challenged, they always reminded God of their #SoulTies: leek, onion, garlic, cucumber etc
- There are times in your wilderness experience where Satan tries to show you that your #SoulTies should be returned to
- Satan is wrong. He is only trying to rob you of your inheritance with God
- From Heb 11:15, we also see that satan will hardly bait you with new stuff but with stuff you’re already conversant with
- Someone once said satan is running out of material, if he uses old stuff against you
- However, there’s enough unhandled old stuff already that can cause mega problems if you’re not prayerfully on the Word
- Let’s look at another scripture passage and then gain some altitude afterwards. James 1:13-15
- Please bear in mind that giving ourselves to the Word and prayer will reduce the effects of #SoulTies to the barest minimum in our lives
- James 1:13: “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man…”
- James 1:14: “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed”
- James 1:15: “Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.”
- James 1:13-15 shows that the acts of sin in our lives stem out of our lusts i.e. cravings. Inordinate affections aka #SoulTies
- We see that if Satan will tempt you, he’ll draw you through old stuff (#SoulTies) lodged in your heart called lusts
- If you were into sex and no drugs before you got saved, satan will hardly entice you with drugs. He’ll use sex
- So your weak point is where you get hit the most by Satan. Samson’s own was women so satan didn’t bring drugs to him
- When you want to be recruited into secret intelligence, they scrutinise your habits over a period of time
- They want to know the weak points the enemy can use in honey trapping you. #SoulTies may be money, cars, food, orgies etc.
- Until we renew our minds with God’s word in those areas and get transformed, satan has entry points he can capitalise on
- There is a lifelong assignment for both the pew and the pulpit to renew our minds. Else stuff will happen and the pew gets confused
- And believer not committed to the mind renewal process with God’s word will be susceptible to #SoulTies, irrespective of status in church
- I’ll take a short break here so we can look at emotional #SoulTies
- Lets look at emotional soul ties now.
- The most influential #SoulTies are between humans and the most powerful ones are between the opposite sex
- First we need to realise that men and women operate slightly differently in this area of emotional #SoulTies
- Each time a man and a woman are emotionally involved in a relationship, their souls become tied together
- In a typical worldly relationship the lady is more involved with her heart and the dude is more involved with his organ
- Reason is that women react more to what they hear and the touch they feel while men react more to what they see
- It explains why a lot more men are into porn while the most decent women detest porn #SoulTies Men get stimulated by what they see
- It explains why men get attracted to naked avis on twitter
- Some follower put a raunchy pic up as her avi two days ago and my TL was buzzing in about 30 minutes with follow back requests from men
- Men are easily enticed by what they see. Also, women are enticed by what they hear and how they are touched
- Women are touched in very many ways by words, flowers, money, gifts, tenderness etc.
- This creates a law of supply and demand where men supply what women want and women also supply what men want
- My assertion of men being led by their organs is validated by the fact that they even pay for sex. Only abnormal women pay
- Slowing down a bit, when you come into Christ, debris of those experiences are still lodged in your soul as memories
- Your 5minute salvation prayer did not remove those memories. You still cherish those memories secretly
- Mind is not renewed and those that practiced this stuff with you are still looming out there. Y’all forming holy right?
- These emotional experiences are like fingerprints on our souls that harbour the entry point for satan
- As a man, say your attraction was exaggerated physical features before you entered the kingdom. Now you are saved attending a big church…
- …filled with variety of sizes. Though prayerful, you ended up dating only the ones with exaggerated physical features and then you married one
- You even testified that God spoke to you in a vision and bamboozled us with church speak. Oga, God didn’t say anything, was your #SoulTies
- Some even say arrogantly, ‘we are socially compatible.’ Oga your social compatibility came from your #SoulTies not your spirit
- Listen, there is a way I liked women in Egypt and God had to deal with me using hard knocks before I saw Moni. You are not alone
- Let’s hit the ladies small. How come God has never spoken to you about that truck driver in church?
- You always wanted him 6ft4 so you could never have heard God say anything about that 5ft8 dude. isn’t it?
- You always wanted him romantic but you attend MFM. Suddenly you say God spoke to you about that unsaved ex boyfriend
- My point is even our so-called good tastes in Pentecostal circles and leadership are borne out of #SoulTies
- You walk into a Pentecostal church and almost think that all the ushers were carefully selected by your unsaved colleague at work
- Our basis of fraternization is not the Word but the alignment of our social features brought in from Egypt
- On Sundays, we are bombarded in church with the same sights we used to see in the night clubs before we got saved
- Something doesn’t add up. Don’t you think guys? We’ll continue with emotional #SoulTies tomorrow night at 9pm. Lot more stuff
- We’ll call it #SoulTies 3 tomorrow. We may possibly close with# SoulTies 4 on Tuesday night. Let me know if you are happy or upset so far
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site.
Your servant in Christ
November 15, 2013 at 2:16 pm
Eve was comparable to Adam I believe that a woman should
marry a man who is comparable to her and not be stooping low to
marry someone that is not comparable to her then later be having
challenges in her marriage. Are people afraid of leaving comments
ni? Or scared of confessing and dealing with soul ties?
November 15, 2013 at 2:20 pm
You are correct. If you are spiritually minded, you should also marry a spiritually minded person. Most of the SoulTies problems we are discussing are easily avoidable if you don’t have lukewarm people as your closest pals.
Thanks for leaving the comments. Much appreciated. 👌
December 7, 2013 at 5:15 am
This Soultie issues doesn’t seem so complicated when you
read it. It’s really easy to identify too but it is hardly talked
about. Interesting to know these 🙂 Thanks for sharing
July 31, 2016 at 8:49 pm
I have to start doing a unique kind of prayer. Thank you for sharing.