Welcome to #SoulTies 1. In this presentation, we are looking at the definition and the origin of #SoulTies.
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 1 Tweetcast if you find that the slides above are going to quick for you. Also, the slides are listed below in text as well.
- Heb 11:15: “…if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned”
- Tonight, we want to look at #SoulTies; see how they came about, what they do and how to handle them.
- We start with the fall of Adam. When Adam and Eve sinned in the garden of Eden, a few things happened to them
- They lost their spiritual connection with God. As a result, their minds became darkened and satan set up his structures there.
- So what we now know as the world’s system today is a product of man’s thinking that was corrupted by satan when Adam fell.
- Satan, over the centuries, set up what we also call strongholds in the minds and souls of men that became belief systems.
- 2 Cor 10:4: “(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;)”
- 2 Corinthians 10:5: “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,”
- 2 Corinthians 10:5: “… and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”
- So we see here that apart from man being spiritually severed from God by the fall, he also got his soul messed up by satan.
- In addition to having his body infested by sickness & disease. So the fall affected man; spirit, soul & body.
- Fast forward to salvation. The salvation Jesus brought was a total package designed to affect us spirit, soul & body.
- The salvation package was intended to recreate our spirits, save our souls & also give us brand new bodies @ d second coming
- However the timing of the manifestation of the package needs to be well understood and I’ll explain in next few tweets.
- when we get saved, we have our spirits recreated and we become a brand new person in Christ Jesus
- 2Cor 5:17: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”
- At new birth, the spirit component of man is fully sorted according to 2Cor 5:17. What about d soul & body? Have some clues.
- When you got saved, you didn’t forget your name. Hence, the born again experience didn’t change your soul and we’ll see shortly
- Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world:but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, …
- so we see from Rom 12:2 that after being saved, we r expected to renew our minds with d Word of God. Minds didn’t get saved.
- Why is it necessary for us to renew our minds with the Word of God? Why are our minds a very important part of the equation?
- Pro 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he Yes you are saved, your thinking is what generally reflects in your life.
- This explains why a saved man continues to sin. His mind hasn’t been renewed. What does it mean for your mind to be renewed?
- renewal of mind means you have submitted your mind to God’s Word for a reprogramming of your thoughts.
- Renewal of mind means that d thoughts of Egypt you practiced as an unsaved person have now been replaced with God’s thoughts.
- When we don’t have our minds renewed after been saved, then we reflect the thoughts of the enemy that we grew up with.
- Let’s go a bit deeper into what happened to our minds before we got saved.
- Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air,
- Eph 2:2 … the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
- Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh,
- Eph 2:3 “…fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.”
- So we see here that satan worked through his evil spirits & our associations to corrupt our minds and build structures there.
- In the process, he created what we call soul ties. What’s a soul tie? A soul tie is a link that satan created in your soul.
- Continuing from Eph 2:3, we see that we developed behaviour patterns as we rubbed minds with fellow children of disobedience.
- We cultivated various attachments to things, bad habits, etc practiced by people we rubbed minds with.
- Emotional attachments that we developed as we grew up in the flesh are referred to as soul ties. They reside in your soul
- Why do soul ties play a significant role in our lives even after we have come into Christ? Why are they worth mentioning?
- Way things work in our relationship with God is that He communicates with our spirits and our souls and body express His will
- When #SoulTies are in operation, they block the flow of the Spirit of God in our lives. They are relics left behind by satan.
- Satan is no longer in your spirit when you got saved, but he left stuff behind in your soul that he uses to trip you. These are #SoulTies
- #SoulTies are an affinity you have towards a thing or a person that is both captivating & addictive. They block the will of God.
- #SoulTies operate in the flesh so they can be easily identified.
- Satan, most of the time, will use your #SoulTies to prevent you from fulfilling God’s plan for your life. Let’s do a simple quiz next.
- From our definition of #SoulTies in (41), please can someone tell us what Samson’s soul tie was? I’ll wait for your reply.
- From our definition of #SoulTies in (41), please can someone tell us what Solomon’s soul tie was? I’ll wait for your reply.
- You’ll notice that 3 answers came for my questions in 44) & 45). The questions were so easy to answer for them. #SoulTies
- I don’t think any of them prayed in tongues to figure this answer out. I don’t think they fasted. #SoulTies
- You can figure out your most dominant #SoulTies by checking up on a few things. I’ll mention a few tips. #SoulTies
- Is there anyone or anything in your life you think you cannot do without? That might be a clue to your #SoulTies
- Is there any habit you are pursuing today that you will gladly spend your life savings on without thinking twice? Hint of #SoulTies
- Are there illegal liaisons you are vigorously pursuing outside marriage? Major #SoulTies.
- Are there some kinds of foods you are attached to that just anyone can get you out of your home to eat in a restaurant?
- I knew a sister in school who couldn’t fast because of her crave for chocolates. #SoulTies You marry her & your marriage could be prayerless.
- Any unique dimensions of a woman’s physiology that can suspend your senses when you see them? Like exaggerated sizes of certain body parts You have #SoulTies
- Some #SoulTies are even such that you can’t even bring yourself to tell your pastor about. He’ll almost pass out on the floor.
- Some #SoulTies are even such that you can’t tell anyone in your Christian friendship circle about. A popular one is pornography.
- Tons of black African men have their senses suspended when they run into light coloured women. Indication of #SoulTies
- Christian sisters in church maintain a secret smoking habit of like 20 sticks a day.
- Ladies having an insatiable appetite for guys with a specific emotional disposition irrespective of their spiritual lives.
- Are there just 2 or 3 people in your life you can never say ‘No’ to? Everyone has them, no EXCEPTIONS.
- Another clue to know your #SoulTies. You are married and there is the photo of an ex boyfriend or ex girlfriend that made it into your phone album.
- So-called celebrity crushes are #SoulTies. A fellow @ work once told me he would gladly sell his grandmother to be with Angelina Jolie. Eeww!
- If the short list of #SoulTies has not affected you, don’t judge others. Everyone with blood in his/her veins got stuff. We all have stuff
- #SoulTies won’t knock you out of the lamb’s book of life if you are saved but will block the manifestation of the will of God in your life.
- The most influential #SoulTies you have are with people and the most dangerous #SoulTies are with the opposite sex or with the wrong sex
- To recap, a soul tie is the captivation of your soul; emotion and will and thoughts by another person or thing.
- Will continue our chat later this evening by looking at sexual #SoulTies. The ride will get very rough but we will land safely.
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site.
Your servant in Christ