Welcome to #SoulTies 23. In this session, we start looking at platonic relationships. What are platonic relationships? Are they necessary? Are they really safe? Can they be maintained without any sexual involvement? What has the bible got to say about them?
My contact details are —> BB pin: 7C5BBD57 Twitter: @SoulTiesTweets http://www.twitter.com/soultiestweets
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 22 Tweetcast
Good evening y’all. “Platonic relationships” starts now. Hope you all had a great week so far.
1. I want to state that we are not here to condemn anyone or stigmatise anyone who has repeatedly fallen into sin due to #SoulTies
2. We are here to expose #SoulTies as the works of the enemy that the blood of Jesus has been shed to purge us from.
3. We are also not here to provide excuses and reasons for Christians to continue in sin due to a misunderstanding of grace. #SoulTies
4. The Bible states clearly in Romans 6:23 that the wages of sin is death #SoulTies is no excuse for us to continue in sin
5. We are here to work out our salvation (that Jesus already paid with His blood) from #SoulTies according to God?s word.
6. Tonight we are attempting to look into d subject of platonic relationships, in d context of #SoulTies. Are they good or are they bad?
7. Please follow @SoulTiesTweets an account dedicated solely to #SoulTies just for you to read #SoulTies stuff. Kindly RT.
8. Just before we dive into business, I want to tell you about our #SoulTies blog. http://dld.bz/cUaVK
9. http://dld.bz/cUaVK will be single repository for all our #SoulTies resources. We have all the #SoulTies tweet casts there for you.
10. Also, you can send me questions, testimonies & prayer points through the “Contact Us” page http://dld.bz/cUjRw #SoulTies
11. Please visit d blog, leave your comments, spread the news using the FB, Twitter share buttons. http://dld.bz/cUaVK #SoulTies
12. Platonic relationships. What are they? Are they good or are they bad? Should we do them or not? #SoulTies
13. Defn: A platonic relationship is pure affection, subsisting between persons of opposite sex, unmixed with sexual desires. #SoulTies
14. Remember, I have previously said before that most men interpret love through their organs and women through their hearts. #SoulTies
15. Hence, d ultimate way you prove love to a carnal & uncircumcised man is to have sex with him. Works differently for women. #SoulTies
16. I know this through past experience and continuous observation even up till a few hours ago on twitter. #SoulTies
17. You check this tweet out. ==> http://dld.bz/dtrw6 Almost all the respondents said they wouldn’t go that far without sex. #SoulTies
18. Most women however are very ok with relating with men without having sexual desires towards them or involvement with them. #SoulTies
19. Looking at the makeup of both men and women, platonic relationships hold a better attraction for women than for most men. #SoulTies
20. Bear in mind that our defn of a platonic relationship excludes sexual activity so this is more comfy for women than men. #SoulTies
21. Next question is, why the need for platonic relationships? Why do we think they are necessary in life? #SoulTies
22. First, all relationships (excluding romantic ones) provide an avenue through which people can be blessed or destroyed. #SoulTies
23. Some relationships can help you and some relationships can destroy you. #SoulTies Letís focus on the positive ones today. #SoulTies
24. From yesterday, we learnt women seek an outlet of expression in times of distress & platonics matter to them a lot more. #SoulTies
25. Relationships are channels through which information, advise, counsel, strength, comfort and succour are given to anyone. #SoulTies
26. Technically, relationships I described in (25) are fully ok between same normal sane-sex people with no emotional strings. #SoulTies
27. However, there are times when these relationships can involve people of the opposite sex expecting no emotional strings. #SoulTies
28. Technically, you cannot pass through life successfully without relating with men & women, boys & girls to help you. #SoulTies
29. So I submit here that all relationships (excluding marital and sexual) are necessary for your healthy evolvement in life. #SoulTies
30. However, our spotlight goes on these ëharmlessí relationships that then occur between men and women. #SoulTies
31. There is an element of risk that we want to study here that exists in platonic relationships between men & women. #SoulTies
32. These platonic relationships we are discussing are intended with no romantic strings attached. #SoulTies
33. But how many times have we seen platonic relationships evolve into a higher level that was never originally intended. #SoulTies
34. Even when these relationships outlive their usefulness and expire, we see that one party doesn’t want to let go. #SoulTies
35. I once had a platonic relationship for 3 years. From day 1, we were fully friend-zoned. No romantic or marriage thoughts. #SoulTies
36. I announced to her one night that I was proposing to Moni in the next few days and you see what happened in the next tweet. #SoulTies
37. She instantly told me that she had feelings for me and that set me into confusion for the next few days. #SoulTies
38. I had to withdraw to my prayer cave to sort things out as to where I should be headed. #SoulTies
39. We started from day 1 as fully friend zoned. So what happened? How come she caught the feelings and I didnít? #SoulTies
40. How did things evolve from being fully friend-zoned to having caught feelings? #SoulTies
41. Seriously, I don’t know when our relationship status changed from friend-zoned to anything else. #SoulTies
42. I was confused. I reminded her of our initial agreement and she said that feelings developed along the way. #SoulTies
43. Ladies: I have a very serious warning for you here. #SoulTies
44. Anyone you don’t banish from your life and put into the friend zone can climb out to ultimately have you. #SoulTies
45. This is how the game is played. #SoulTies Read on.
46. He can stay in your friend zone but then make himself very indispensable by always being there. #SoulTies
47. Theres something about always being there that will eventually break your defences down. #SoulTies
48. Then when your defences are broken, he can either marry you or just have sex with you. #SoulTies
49. I had no logical explanation for this until I started studying #SoulTies
50. Platonic relationships with no proposed termination date, even with boundaries defined, hardly ever stay the same forever. #SoulTies
51. Most platonic relationships are safe havens for women where they can share their sorrows and numb their pains. #SoulTies
52. Many platonic relationships are havens where women run to for refuge from emotional abandonment. #SoulTies
53. Many platonic relationships are operated in the work place because its where you spend 8-12 hours of your daily life. #SoulTies
54. Many platonic relationships are operated in the work place because its safe away from the hawk eyes of your spouse. #SoulTies
55. Many platonic relationships are operated without the knowledge of spouses as they constitute secret fountains of counsel. #SoulTies
56. Many platonic relationships are like cocaine fixes that numb the pain you are experiencing in your marriage. #SoulTies
57. Many platonic relationships are like cocaine fixes that u become addicted to that you cant get out of your system anymore. #SoulTies
58. Many platonic relationships become a secret source of fulfilment for the woman that is more precious than marriage. #SoulTies
59. A woman, who has been emotionally abused by her husband before leaving home comes back home with a spring in her step. #SoulTies
60. How come? she comes back home with a spring in her step because she has had her fix from the platonic friend. #SoulTies
61. Platonic relationships are so convenient for women because they supposedly hold no sexual risk or danger to them. #SoulTies
62. However, women are unaware that this arrangement doesn’t particularly suit many men. Iíll explain. #SoulTies
63. Feelings are like ladders. You climb them step by step. You climb one today and look for the next one to climb tomorrow. #SoulTies
64. Women climb theirs to a satisfactory level in platonic relationships without sex. Most men need one more step. SEX. #SoulTies
65. Remember the tweet I referred you to earlier. All the respondents said the journey wasn’t worth it without sex #SoulTies
66. I once received a tweet from a man who said that platonic relationships only favour women & theres nothing for him there. #SoulTies
67. Yes, you started with we are fully friend-zoned. However, lady can catch feelings, the man can catch a sexual desire. #SoulTies
68. Guys, there has to be a part 2, I haven’t finished with this. We barely scratched the surface. Lets meet next weekend. #SoulTies
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site. My BB pin is 7C5BBD57.
Your servant in Christ