Welcome to #SoulTies 19. In this session, we start looking at a topic I title “Errors of the past”. If God has truly forgiven us, do we have to bear the consequences of the errors of our past?
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 19 Tweetcast
#SoulTies 19 starts shortly.
1. Good morning y’all. Pls email me ur testimony on SoulTiesTestimonies@karisministries.org if u have been blessed by #SoulTies tweets.
2. I want to state that we are not here to condemn anyone or stigmatize anyone who has repeatedly fallen into sin due to #SoulTies
3. We are here to expose #SoulTies as the works of the enemy that the blood of Jesus has been shed to purge us from.
4. I also want to say that this isn’t a motivational broadcast but this is the gospel of Jesus Christ. #SoulTies
5. We are looking at this from the standard of the Word of God and no less. No compromise. #SoulTies
6. The flesh finds the Word and the Spirit of God unbearable but we cannot dilute the message. #SoulTies
7. Please take time off to LIKE our Facebook page using this link http://dld.bz/cU2zp #SoulTies
8. Please join our FaceBook group here as well to receive timely updates about our activities. http://dld.bz/cU4fR #SoulTies
9. Going forward, we’ll be hosting more interactive #SoulTies hangouts and reducing the frequency of the tweets.
10. So please be sure to hook up with me on Google+ for the hangouts. https://plus.google.com/+OlusolaAdio
11. In these #SoulTies hangouts, there’ll be room for people to ask questions about what we have been learning.
12. I also have a BBM pin dedicated to #SoulTies; 7c5bbd57 so you can hook up on BBM at your earliest convenience.
13. Please visit our new blog page to access audio downloads of the #SoulTies tweets. http://dld.bz/dgwCB
14. This week, we are looking at an issue that could arise in a believer’s life after you have dealt with #SoulTies
15. I want to label this “Errors of the past”. You will only fully grasp the title when you’ve read all my scenarios. #SoulTies
16. A central pillar of the gospel of Christ is the forgiveness of our sins. Without this, there isn’t any gospel. #SoulTies
17. However, it’s crucial for us to note that there are a few players in the spiritual equation around us #SoulTies
18. Player 1: God. John 4:24 God is a spirit. He is father to whom have accepted His Son, Jesus Christ. #SoulTies
19. Player 2: Man. The saved man is described as a new creature in Jesus Christ. 2 Cor 5:17 #SoulTies
20. Player 3: Angels. They have been sent by God to minister to us. Ps 103:20 #SoulTies
21. Player 4: Satan & Demons. They constantly work against God & His purposes for man. Eph6:12 #SoulTies
22. Jesus purchased the forgiveness of sins for us by going to the cross. Col 2:13 #SoulTies
23. Col 2:13a And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, #SoulTies
24. Col 2:13b hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; #SoulTies
25. Almost every Christian denomination agrees on the doctrine of God’s forgiveness for our sins. #SoulTies
26. However, I have these scenarios to present that will set us thinking. #SoulTies
27. Scenario 1: Many years ago, a Unilag student habitually stole clothes belonging to other students. #SoulTies
28. She did this by going to the line where other students hung their clothes and then helped herself. #SoulTies
29. Somehow, she attended a Christian gathering on campus and received Jesus Christ into her life. #SoulTies
30. Two things happened to her. 1. She received the forgiveness of God for her sins. Col 2:13 #SoulTies
31. 2. She became a new creation in Christ and lost the taste for stealing other peoples clothes. 2 Cor 5:17 #SoulTies
32. Job done! She’s forgiven, sanctified, has her ticket punched for heaven, #SoulTies with stealing broken.
33. At this point, we should be satisfied that Christ’s redemption work was fulfilled in her. #SoulTies
34. However, one day she decided to return the clothes she stole as an unbeliever to where she took them from. #SoulTies
35. Shock! Shock! The owners saw her, confronted her and assembled a mob to lynch her. #SoulTies
36. All her pleas that she was now a born-again Christian fell on deaf ears as she got beaten the more. #SoulTies
37. All her pleas that she was now reformed in character fell on deaf ears. However, she got rescued by some Christians. #SoulTies
38. Debate then started on campus. Should she have been let off seeing that she was changed and returning the loot? #SoulTies
39. What happened to God’s forgiveness? How come she got beaten up so badly despite God’s forgiveness? #SoulTies
40. Please reply me with your opinion. I won’t take any sides. Should she have been let off by the owners or not? #SoulTies
41. The owners were not buying the God’s forgiveness plea. Do you think they were wicked or reasonable? #SoulTies
42. Do you think it was a smart move returning the clothes and almost getting killed in the process?
43. My little contribution here is that God’s forgiveness wasn’t enough to help avert d consequences of her actions from men. #SoulTies
44. Scenario 2
45. A married mother who wasn’t saved started having a fling with her boss. Her husband wasn’t saved either. #SoulTies
46. Oops! She got pregnant for her boss and decided to have this love child. She also slept with her husband to deceive him. #SoulTies
47. She had this child and husband believed that was his fourth child but didn’t her boss was the real dad. #SoulTies
48. 10 years later, she got saved, forgiven, sanctified, filled with the Holy Ghost, reformed, heaven-bound. #SoulTies
49. She then decided to let her husband know that the child wasn’t his but her ex-boss’s child. Child is now 10. #SoulTies
50. Her husband was having none of this forgiveness thing and he headed for the divorce courts. #SoulTies
51. He insisted on smashing the marriage and taking the kids though deed was done in the wife’s wild oat days. #SoulTies
52. Once again, a forgiven saint had to face the consequences of her pre-Christian era actions. #SoulTies
53. My questions to y’all are these. Were these people really forgiven by God as we believe from the scriptures? #SoulTies
54. If yes, how come they met with these consequences that would make us think God was still angry against them? #SoulTies
55. Could it be that we have only peddled half of the medication to sinners and missed out the other half? #SoulTies
56. What went wrong with these 2 people in these scenarios? #SoulTies
57. Before you think you have the answers, let me throw a provocative question at you. #SoulTies
58. Imagine you married your wife of husband while you are still both in the world. #SoulTies
59. Imagine both of you got saved the same day in church, filled with the Holy Ghost, tongue talking etc #SoulTies
60. Then your spouse confesses to you he did the last 3 maids or she did the last 3 houseboys. #SoulTies
61. What would your reaction be? Would God’s forgiveness still count for you? Will you scatter things? #SoulTies
62. I’ll leave you in suspense here and continue with this gist in #SoulTies 20.
63. We have a #SoulTies Google+ hangout next week Sunday @ 5:00pm GMT. Don’t miss it. See u there.
64. Please help spread the word about #SoulTies and get your tweeps to follow the tweets on @solaadio
65. See you guys next week at the #SoulTies Hangout on Google+. #SoulTies
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site. My BB pin is 7C5BBD57.
Your servant in Christ