Welcome to #SoulTies 25. In this this session, we continue with our study on platonic relationships. What are platonic relationships? Are they necessary? Are they really safe? Can they be maintained without any sexual involvement? What has the bible got to say about them?
My contact details are —> BB pin: 7C5BBD57 Twitter: @SoulTiesTweets http://www.twitter.com/soultiestweets
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 25 Tweetcast
Good evening y’all.
1. “Platonic relationships 3” starts now. Hope you all had a great week so far. #SoulTies
2. I want to state that we are not here to condemn anyone or stigmatise anyone who has repeatedly fallen into sin due to #SoulTies
3. We are here to expose #SoulTies as the works of the enemy that the blood of Jesus has been shed to purge us from.
4. We are also not here to provide excuses and reasons for Christians to continue in sin due to a misunderstanding of grace. #SoulTies
5. The Bible states clearly in Romans 6:23 that the wages of sin is death #SoulTies is no excuse for us to continue in sin
6. We are here to work out our salvation (that Jesus already paid with His blood) from #SoulTies according to God?s word.
7. Tonight we are looking into d subject of platonic relationships, in d context of #SoulTies. Are they good or are they bad?
8. Please follow @SoulTiesTweets an account dedicated solely to #SoulTies just for you to read #SoulTies stuff. Kindly RT.
9. Just before we dive into business, I want to tell you about our #SoulTies blog. http://dld.bz/cUaVK
10. http://dld.bz/cUaVK will be single repository for all our #SoulTies resources. We have all the #SoulTies tweet casts there for you.
11. Also, you can send me questions, testimonies & prayer points through the “Contact Us” page http://dld.bz/cUjRw #SoulTies
12. Please visit d blog, leave your comments, spread the news using the FB, Twitter share buttons. http://dld.bz/cUaVK #SoulTies
13. If you missed Platonic relationships 1, last week, it’s up on the blog here. http://dld.bz/dtupY #SoulTies
14. Defn: A platonic relationship is pure affection, subsisting between persons of opposite sex, unmixed with sexual desires. #SoulTies
15. Remember, I have previously said before that most men interpret love through their organs and women through their hearts. #SoulTies
16. Hence, d ultimate way you prove love to a carnal & uncircumcised man is to have sex with him. Works differently for women. #SoulTies
17. We stopped last night at a point where we drew the difference between gist mates and platonic friends. #SoulTies
18. We also saw that the platonic arrangement suits women better who want affection without sex or commitment from a man. #SoulTies
19. However, a properly constituted man wouldn’t stop at an exchange of intense affections with a woman but would want sex. #SoulTies
20. Most times, men in platonic relationships get the sex when they are already in #SoulTies and don’t want the man to leave. #SoulTies
21. Some women even offer the sex as a way of retaining the affection of the man so platonic evolves into sexual. #SoulTies
22. We also have scenarios where married people operate platonics with 3rd parties but disguise them as ordinary friendships. #SoulTies
23. Soon enough, they evolve into flings and full blown sexual affairs if they are not nipped in the bud. #SoulTies
24. The woman would either offer the sex to retain the man or the man demands the sex in order to be retained. #SoulTies
25. 1 Cor 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me:It is good for a man not to touch a woman. #SoulTies
26. 1 Cor 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. #SoulTies
27. The word “touch” in vs 1 means “haptomai” in the Greek. It means to “attach ones self”. That means #SoulTies.
28. Vs 2 says that if you are prone to such attachments, you must get your own wife or your own husband. #SoulTies
29. Vs 2 also implies that it isn’t possible for a properly constituted man and woman to be in #SoulTies and not consider sex at a point.
30. VS 2 also validates d assertion that u cannot have extremely strong & unlimited #SoulTies between man & woman without sex. #SoulTies
31. I am assuming a man who isn’t family with the woman. #SoulTies
32. Agreeing to a platonic friendship with your ex boyfriend is foolishness. You’ll be back in bed very shortly. #SoulTies
33. Based on these 2 verses of scriptures, I hereby submit that platonic relationships are FORBIDDEN in Christian marriages. #SoulTies
34. Another reason why married Christians can’t do platonics is that our assets are exclusively owned by our spouses. #SoulTies
35. What I mean in 34 is that your spouse owns your soul and body so you can’t dish a portion of it to a platonic friend. #SoulTies
36. The lady in “Platonic Relationships 2” operating a platonic at work with a homosexual was wrong. #SoulTies
37. In Christianity, your spouse has every right to lay claim on your whole affections leaving nothing for platonic spare ribs. #SoulTies
38. Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, … and thy desire shall be to thy husband, …
39. From the above scripture, the wife’s desire is to her husband not husband + platonic friend. #SoulTies
40. In the same vein, the husband’s desire should be towards his wife not wife + platonic friends out there #SoulTies
41. Platonics involve heavy #SoulTies and you are not allowed to do such with people outside a Christian marriage.
42. Before the liberals jump out and start throwing their toys at me out of their prams, let’s define platonics again. #SoulTies
43. Defn: A platonic relationship is pure AFFECTION, subsisting between persons of opposite sex, unmixed with sexual desires. #SoulTies
44. How do you operate a platonic relationship with one other than your spouse, dishing out huge affection? #SoulTies
45. How do you trade full and pure affection outside marriage without sex? If you are good with this, come teach us. #SoulTies
46. By that definition, affection could entail everything without sex like candle-lit dinners, hugs, French kisses, val cards #SoulTies
47. By that definition, affection could entail watching movies together, spending hours together? #SoulTies
48. Ain’t that cheating already, even without the sex? How do we redefine affection here to know where & when to stop? #SoulTies
49. Now to the unmarried crew. U ain’t ready for this yet. #SoulTies
50. The only place where platonics are tolerated amongst Christian singles is where there is some intention to marry. #SoulTies
51. In courtship and dating for Christians, no sex is permitted but there’s a whole load of affections being exchanged. #SoulTies
52. In courtship, we play it platonic. #SoulTies NO SEX Heb 13:4
53. As a Christian, why would you exchange that volume of affections with one whom you don’t plan to marry? Senseless. #SoulTies
54. Sister, looking for a platonic relationship in high school makes little sense. Boy has just reached puberty. He wants sex. #SoulTies
55. Therefore, those dating & courtship phases for Christian singles must remain platonic. Ie no sex involved. #SoulTies
56. Why is that? A platonic relationship HARDLY remains platonic if affections continue to flow unrestricted. #SoulTies
57. A platonic relationship will graduate to romantic and then sexual if those affections keep flowing. #SoulTies
58. Some Bozos who dumped sisters turn up again trying to con them into platonics saying “let’s just be friends” #SoulTies
59. Sister, if you fall for that, your emotions will get wrapped up on Bozo again and he will lay you and dump you again. #SoulTies
60. A common Bozo trick is to con sisters into platonic friendships long enough to get her emotions activated. #SoulTies
61. There’s something about a guy being always there that breaks a woman’s defenses down and opens her up to stuff. #SoulTies
62. Even when you refuse to date or marry a guy, your allowing him to stay in friend zone is a sign of weakness. #SoulTies
63. Smart Bozos know that staying long enough in your friend zone as a platonic friend will get him between your legs. #SoulTies
64. All affectionate relationships I saw in bible ended in breakup, sex or marriage. Please show me a platonic when u find one. #SoulTies
65. These days men and women are even more sexualised with the advent of porn etc Sex starts for many much earlier now. #SoulTies
66. So how would you fall for deception that we can trade FULL affections & still keep our hands away from each other’s groins #SoulTies
67. On this basis, there is no place for platonic arrangements between Christian singles except if your plan is to fornicate. #SoulTies
68. Remember that the definition of platonic excludes any binding commitment such as courtship and marriage. #SoulTies
69. This arrangement perfectly fits a man who ultimately wants sex by capturing your heart without any commitment to a future. #SoulTies
70. This arrangement also fits women whose husbands are either remote or women who can’t or don’t plan to commit to marriage. #SoulTies
71. I know some folks will say that they have seen some long platonic friendships that didn’t end up in sex. #SoulTies
72. This is where your folly lies. When you trade full intimate affections with another person, you get into #SoulTies with the person.
73. When one of you has to move on to marry or to flirt with another victim, you are left with memories & #SoulTies to deal with.
74. The #SoulTies you are left to deal with automatically equates to the ones you deal with in the event of a breakup.
75. Your soul is now divided. A part of you is with platonic friend who dumped you and you can’t connect with the next person. #SoulTies
76. And by the way, any platonic friendship long enough with a man who isn’t a homosexual will end in bed. #SoulTies
77. Most baby mamas wanted platonics but they had to tolerate d sex so the Bozo doesn’t leave for the other girl offering sex. #SoulTies
78. I don’t believe that platonic friendships in a sexualised generation like ours won’t always result in sex and heartbreaks. #SoulTies
79. My conclusion are as follows: a) platonics are expressly FORBIDDEN in Christian marriages.
80. B) platonics amongst singles would always result in sex or painful break ups that reduce your effectiveness. #SoulTies
81. I expect a few uprisings and objections but the scriptures cannot be broken. 1 Cor 7:1-2 and Gen 3:16 #SoulTies
82. Please feel free to RT all today’s tweets and get your friends to follow me on @solaadio & @soultiestweets #SoulTies
83. Please feel free to hook up with me on BB using 7C5BBD57. Hope you guys enjoyed this. Catch y’all soon. #SoulTies
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site. My BB pin is 7C5BBD57.
Your servant in Christ