Welcome to #SoulTies 7. In #SoulTies 7, we attempt to identify good #SoulTies and bad #SoulTies in the bible. We also see the potential that all the #SoulTies have to abort the manifestation of the believer’s destiny. The love of food, sleep, sex and money are major #SoulTies that we need to deal with.
My contact details are
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 7 Tweetcast
- Now that we are achieving some stability in our #SoulTies study, we’ll be having the broadcast weekly on Thursday at 8pm GMT
- We have had a few intense #SoulTies sessions already
- However I want to state that we are not here to condemn anyone or stigmatize anyone who has repeatedly fallen into sin due to #SoulTies
- We are here to expose them as the works of the enemy that the blood of Jesus has been shed to purge us from
- We are also not here to provide excuses and reasons for Christians to continue in sin due to a misunderstanding of grace
- The Bible states clearly in Romans 6:23 that “the wages of sin is death” #SoulTies is no excuse for us to continue in sin
- We are here to work out our salvation (that Jesus already paid with His blood) from #SoulTies according to God’s word. In about 2-3 weeks from now our focus will shift to how we can practically work out our already purchased salvation from #SoulTies
- Now let’s get down to tonight’s business
- Tonight we want to fine tune our definition of #SoulTies make it more inclusive while highlighting the clearly dangerous ones
- If we gain enough speed, I’ll answer a popular female question which is “Why do married men cheat?” Otherwise next week Thursday
- After God called His creation good; this included man and woman. They had spirits, souls and bodies. All were good
- This also meant that their souls were good before they sinned in the garden of Eden. Nothing wrong with their souls
- Gen 2:24: “Therefore shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave unto His wife; and they shall become one flesh.
- It was part of God’s original intention that their souls would be knit together in one purpose. I’ll explain
- The soul comprises of the mind, the will and emotions. Minds cleaving together meant they had the same knowledge, memories and imaginations
- Wills cleaving together meant they would decide to do the same things in the course of their lives
- Emotions cleaving together meant that they would both love the Lord and also love themselves without reservations.
- Effectively, it was in God’s original design that Adam and Eve would have #SoulTies with each other on the earth
- Let us call this the first example of #SoulTies which really is a positive one
- After the fall, satan corrupted the whole of humanity; spirit, soul and body. So #SoulTies also became corrupted in their operation
- Next, we look at the other types of positive #SoulTies that are not necessarily sin but satan can still manipulate to derail you
- #Soulties with your children or adopted children are positive ones. Jacob had #Soulties with Joseph because of how He was born
- This reflected in his decision to sew him a coat of many colors. However these #SoulTies exposed Joseph’s dream to jeopardy
- The #SoulTies were not sexual or sinful, but they had the potential of aborting the manifestation of Joseph’s spiritual destiny
- They were valid #SoulTies but they obscured sound spiritual judgment, God still made everything end well for Joseph though
- There’s another kind of #SoulTies you’ve with your parents. It explains the grief we feel when they are departed
- When children are under their parental covering, they’re commanded by the Bible to honor and obey them
- However, your future as a child is in God’s hands and your parents don’t have the knowledge of God’s exact will for your life
- Also some parents may not be engaged in the worship of God while trying to command their children who have met with the Lord
- These #SoulTies then create a conflict when it’s time for the child to follow the mind of God for his/her life
- Jesus had to cut #SoulTies He had with His mother when He declared his followers as his real brothers, sisters, mothers etc.
- Read Mark 3:31-35. See the authoritative way his mum came to fetch Him from a crusade. He refused to leave and sent people to her
- If you’re emotionally close to your parents, you run the risk of being influenced by them and missing God’s will
- #SoulTies with parents are neither sexual nor sinful, assuming a non dysfunctional family. But can potentially block God’s will
- Another set of #SoulTies you’ve are the ones you have with your friends. They’re not sexual and are mostly the same sex
- An example is the one between David and Jonathan. It wasn’t sexual and it was an offshoot of a divine relationship between them
- 1Sam 18:1: “…that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.” That’s #SoulTies
- There are also examples of #SoulTies between animals and humans. In the West, a lot of human affection is poured out on animals
- All these are not harmful in themselves but can be portentially manipulated by satan to bring spiritual abortion
- Tonight, we’ve seen positive #SoulTies that are open to manipulation by satan if you don’t set your affection wholly on God
- Let’s look at a few more #SoulTies tonight that can bring spiritual abortion if the Christian is not watchful
- Some Christians have #SoulTies with sleep. If you’re given to excessive sleep, you expose yourself to two dangers. First one is poverty
- Proverbs 6:10-11: “Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of hands to sleep.’
- “So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man”
- You expose yourself to poverty when you’re given to excessive sleep. The second danger is prayerlessness
- If you love sleep, there’ll be no time for you to pursue a spiritual life because your days are consumed by worldly affairs
- Next level of dangerous #SoulTies is with food and drink. If you love food and drink, you cannot fulfill your spiritual destiny
- If you cannot fast and pray, your life will lack spiritual punch. Jesus denied himself for 40 days to enter His destiny
- Forgot to mention that Jesus prayed all night before choosing his disciples and yet a devil still sneaked in to the bunch
- Christian women are busy measuring height and wallet with no prayer to choose their husbands. No wonder you picked a devil
- Some sisters even did slightly better by praying some dry tongues for 10mins while their #SoulTies were still active and then said God spoke
- I see sisters on here expressing their lust for movie stars wishing their husbands would look like them. Prayerlessness!
- Back to food, that man you want to marry and cannot fast till 12noon is your passport to spiritual abortion
- Bro, that girl you want to marry that is too posh to fast with you till 3pm is your ticket to confusion
- Eve fell by food. Israelites fell in the wilderness by food, if your appetite for food is not brought under, spiritual abortion
- We are running out of time so let’s pick one more dangerous set of #SoulTies – sex.
- 3 major #SoulTies you must kill for God’s purpose not to be aborted in your life; sex, food and sex
- Let me hit the Christian men small. You are only praying for guidance about sisters with exaggerated body parts. That’s #SoulTies
- An unbridled sexual appetite is one of the quickest ways for a believer to commit a spiritual abortion against his destiny
- A few examples of #SoulTies and then we close. Let’s start with Gen 34:1-3. We see Dinah was raped here by Shechem
- Next, we see that Shechem had #SoulTies with Dinah. Because he had sex with her, though it was illegal
- Sisters, that hyper sexual guy that can’t keep his hands off your chest while dating will metamorphose into a serial cheat.
- Shechem also shows us that most carnal men will emotionally bond with ladies who offer sex
- Sisters, dudes lie to you that you’re blue when you’re red and you’re tripping. It is sex he wants. Smell the coffee
- Let’s check the last example of sexual #SoulTies. Ammon had a soultie with his own sister and raped her just for sexual release
- When Ammon was done, he just became bored with her. Why? Carnal men crave the sex and care little about your feelings, sister
- Any brother that cant love you devoid of sex till your wedding day is not the man from God
- Your sexual appetite must come under the cross before you venture into marriage. Marriage is not a cure for sexual #SoulTies
- If marriage is a cure for sexual #SoulTies, what will you do when your wife is pregnant and safe baby delivery requires sexual embargo?
- Carnal men have sex outside marriage during wives pregnancy. #SoulTies why? Unbridled sex appetite
- Many women cannot go on holidays with kids without husbands because of the man’s unbridled sexual appetite
- So I present the assertion that marriage is not a cure for unbridled sexual appetite. Your sexual appetite must come under the knife of the word
- We draw to a close shortly. Hope y’all have not been too bruised by tonight’s tweets
- Please feel free to tweet comments and questions. I’ll respond to them.
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site.
Your servant in Christ