Welcome to #SoulTies 12. In #SoulTies 11, we looked into forgiveness and the spirit of bitterness in more detail. We saw clearly from the Word of God that forgiveness is a compulsory step in recovery. In #SoulTies 12, we are looking at why you don’t need a ‘Sorry’ from an unrepentant offender to move on to the greater things God has in mind for you. We see from what God did in Joseph’s life that He completed Joseph’s recovery before his brothers had a chance to show any remorse for what they had done against him.
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 12 Tweetcast
#SoulTies 12 starts shortly.
1. Good evening y’all. #SoulTies 12 starts now. Hope you all had a great weekend so far.
2. I want to state that we are not here to condemn anyone or stigmatize anyone who has repeatedly fallen into sin due to #SoulTies
3. We are here to expose #SoulTies as the works of the enemy that the blood of Jesus has been shed to purge us from.
4. We are also not here to provide excuses and reasons for Christians to continue in sin due to a misunderstanding of grace. #SoulTies
5. The Bible states clearly in Romans 6:23 that the wages of sin is death #SoulTies is no excuse for us to continue in sin
6. We are here to work out our salvation (that Jesus already paid with His blood) from #SoulTies according to God’s word.
7. Please take time off to LIKE our Facebook page using this link http://dld.bz/cU2zp #SoulTies
8. Please join our FaceBook group here as well to receive time updates about our activities. http://dld.bz/cU4fR #SoulTies
9. Please join our Google+ community here. http://dld.bz/cUFYH We are looking to host #SoulTies Hangouts soon from there.
10. I also have a BBM pin dedicated to #SoulTies; 7c5bbd57 so you can hook up on BBM at your earliest convenience.
11. 2 weeks ago, we started looking at how to recover from a broken relationship. We looked into our commitment to God. #SoulTies
12. Then we looked into forgiveness as the very first step of recovery from a broken relationship. #SoulTies
13. Today we are looking at the importance or non-importance of getting a ‘Sorry’ from an offender. #SoulTies
14. Let’s look at Joseph’s story once again. He was captured by his brothers and sold into slavery at 17. #SoulTies
15. From there, he got passed on to Potiphar. Then he got into jail on a false rape allegation. #SoulTies
16. When the king had some disturbing dreams, things happened quickly and Joseph became Egypt’s PM. #SoulTies
17. Estimated time between his being sold into slavery and becoming Egypt’s PM was about 13 years. #SoulTies.
18. There is no evidence to prove that Joseph received a ‘Sorry’ from anyone or apology in these 13 years. #SoulTies
19. In those 13 years, there was no expression of heaviness or bitterness from Joseph in this period. #SoulTies
20. There was just one mention of the two situations in Gen 40:15 by Joseph. #SoulTies
21. Genesis 40:15a For indeed I was stolen away out of the land of the Hebrews: #SoulTies
22. Genesis 40:15b and here also have I done nothing that they should put me into the dungeon. #SoulTies
23. He mentioned these to the chief butler as reasons why he would want to leave the prison. #SoulTies
24. There was no hint of bitterness and unforgiveness in his statements. All he wanted was basic freedom. #SoulTies
25. Also there was no proof that he wanted to seek audience with Potiphar’s wife or his brothers for an apology. #SoulTies
26. Joseph was eager to regain his freedom and wasn’t eager for an apology or restitution. #SoulTies
27. The best of freedom available to him, would have been going back to Potiphar’s house. #SoulTies
28. However, the chief butler forgot to bring his case up with Pharaoh for 2 years. #SoulTies
29. In those 2 years, all he could have ever hoped for was a restoration to Potiphar’s house. #SoulTies
30. He could also have hoped to be sold on to another slave master by Potiphar. #SoulTies
31. That was the maximum an apology or restitution could have gotten Joseph. #SoulTies
32. However, God had better ideas than just returning him to Potiphar’s house or his brothers. #SoulTies
33. The best you can get from an apology or restitution after a breakup is far less than what God is bringing. #SoulTies
34. God’s new agenda for your life is a million times more than what a ‘Sorry’ can bring to you. #SoulTies
35. God completed His agenda in Joseph’s life without him getting a ‘Sorry’ from mrs Potiphar or his brothers. #SoulTies
36. God can complete His agenda in your life after a breakup without a ‘Sorry’ from him/her who betrayed u. #SoulTies
37. The people behind the two most crushing events in my life have not yet come to say ‘Sorry’. #SoulTies
38. However, God brought His infinitely greater agenda to pass in my life without their ‘Sorry’, so I won’t be needing it. #SoulTies
39. Sitting down and expecting a fairy tale ‘Sorry’ from an emotional offender is a waste of time. #SoulTies
40. Pursuing after a ‘Sorry’ from those who broke your heart can even frustrate Gods next agenda for your life. #SoulTies
41. You can’t truly forgive if your forgiveness is conditional upon a ‘Sorry’ that won’t come. #SoulTies
42. And if you don’t forgive, you block God’s next agenda for your life which is far better than a ‘Sorry’. #SoulTies
43. A ‘Sorry’ in Joseph’s life would have taken him back to his brothers or Potiphar. #SoulTies
44. Then he wouldn’t have met Pharaoh. Not meeting Pharaoh meant he would have missed God’s appt. #SoulTies
45. For now, we are looking at the side of those who have been hurt and not the offenders. #SoulTies
46. God doesn’t require you to get a ‘Sorry’ from the heartbreaker before mending your heart back. #SoulTies
47. If a ‘Sorry’ comes however, respond from a safe distance that he/she is forgiven & that u retain no offence. #SoulTies
48. I must also admit that a genuine-hearted ‘Sorry’ is extremely therapeutic. It makes u feel good. #SoulTies
49. A genuine-hearted ‘Sorry’ from a heartbreaker also makes u feel a sense of justice & equity. #SoulTies
50. However, a genuine-hearted ‘Sorry’ hardly ever comes from an offender who hasn’t first hit a misfortune. #SoulTies
51. Are you then going to wait several years for a misfortune to befall an offender before moving on? Waste of time. #SoulTies
52. U have been talking ‘karma’ since, d dude has married, now has kids, has great business. U better move on wit your life! #SoulTies
53. At best, a ‘Sorry’ is only therapeutic and it cannot bring you into the manifestation of God’s agenda. #SoulTies
54. Genesis 41:51a And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh, #SoulTies
55. Genesis 41:51b For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father’s house.
56. God’s next agenda for your life will make u forget the betrayals of the past. Why ruin it for a measly ‘Sorry’ #SoulTies
57. Gen 41:52 the second called he Ephraim: For God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction #SoulTies
58. Those who saw you put to shame by the heartbreakers will also see you become fruitful. #SoulTies
59. Zephaniah 3:19a I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; #SoulTies
60. Zephaniah 3:19b. and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame. #SoulTies
61. This prophecy can become fulfilled in your life if you do away with that elusive ‘sorry’ and move on with God. #SoulTies
62. Why then should people say ‘Sorry’ when they offend others? I’ll explain why they should. #SoulTies
63. In existing friendships or relationships, u should say ‘Sorry’ when u offend people to rebuild bridges. #SoulTies
64. When u don’t say ‘Sorry’ to rebuild broken bridges, u will ultimately lose credibility and great friendships. #SoulTies
65. When u say ‘Sorry’, you make it easy for people you hurt by your offence to heal quicker. #SoulTies
66. A closing set of tweets for heart breakers out there. #SoulTies
67. 1 Thessalonians 4:6a That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: #SoulTies
68. 1 Thessalonians 4:6b because that the Lord is the avenger of all such,as we also have forewarned you and testified. #SoulTies
69. Please know that these are God’s children described as the apple of Gods eye u are toying with. #SoulTies
70. God avenges when you defraud His children in any matter and that includes emotional matters. #SoulTies
71. Matthew 18:7a Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; #SoulTies
72. Matthew 18:7b but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! #SoulTies
73. In Matthew 18:7b, Jesus had very harsh words for those who yield themselves as serial instruments of offence. #SoulTies
74. Very soon, your cup will be full and you’ll be reaping what you sow, if you don’t stop & repent. #SoulTies
75. Next week, we look at getting weaned off the #SoulTies left behind by broken & past relationships. #SoulTies
76. I will be addressing those who watch the FB & Twitter timelines of their ex’s. Will be a little rough. #SoulTies
77. Please feel free to reply and retweet these tweets. #SoulTies Please visit our blog for previous editions. http://dld.bz/cUczd
78. See you next Sunday at 06:00pm Nigerian time / 05:00pm GMT. #SoulTies
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site.
Your servant in Christ