Welcome to #SoulTies 13. In #SoulTies 12, we looked at why you don’t need a ‘Sorry’ from an unrepentant offender to move on to the greater things God has in mind for you. Now in #SoulTies 13, we look at the the first step to weaning ourselves off #SoulTies left behind by past relationships. The first step is by prayer and the Word of God.
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 13 Tweetcast
#SoulTies 13 starts shortly.
1. Good evening y’all. #SoulTies 13 starts now. Hope you all had a great weekend so far.
2. I want to state that we are not here to condemn anyone or stigmatize anyone who has repeatedly fallen into sin due to #SoulTies
3. We are here to expose #SoulTies as the works of the enemy that the blood of Jesus has been shed to purge us from.
4. We are also not here to provide excuses and reasons for Christians to continue in sin due to a misunderstanding of grace. #SoulTies
5. The Bible states clearly in Romans 6:23 that the wages of sin is death #SoulTies is no excuse for us to continue in sin
6. We are here to work out our salvation (that Jesus already paid with His blood) from #SoulTies according to God’s word.
7. Please take time off to LIKE our Facebook page using this link http://dld.bz/cU2zp #SoulTies
8. Please join our FaceBook group here as well to receive timely updates about our activities. http://dld.bz/cU4fR #SoulTies
9. Please join our Google+ community here. http://dld.bz/cUFYH We are looking to host #SoulTies Hangouts soon from there.
10. I also have a BBM pin dedicated to #SoulTies; 7c5bbd57 so you can hook up on BBM at your earliest convenience.
11. 3 weeks ago, we started looking at how to recover from a broken relationship. We looked into our commitment to God. #SoulTies
12. Then we looked into forgiveness as the very first step of recovery from a broken relationship. #SoulTies
13. Last week, we looked at the importance or non-importance of getting a ‘Sorry’ from an offender. #SoulTies
14. This week, we begin to look at how to wean ourselves off #SoulTies left behind by previous relationships.
15. In case you joined the party late, please check out http://dld.bz/cUczd for past issues of #SoulTies
16. Simply stated, wrong #SoulTies are wrong emotional bonds or connections that unite you with someone else.
17. When these relationships were in progress, loads of wrong #SoulTies were developed through 3 main activities.
18. These 3 main activities that stand out are sex, plenty of time spent together and verbal commitments. #SoulTies
19. Of all these, the strongest and most addictive #SoulTies were formed through sexual activities.
20. Now that these relationships are history, they left their awkward #SoulTies debris behind in people’s minds.
21. These residual #SoulTies are memories and cravings left behind as withdrawal symptoms.
22. Some of these residual #SoulTies torment you both mentally and emotionally long after the man or woman is gone.
23. Satan knows that the man/woman is gone but the #SoulTies are left behind to make you fail.
24. With these #SoulTies still in force even after the person is gone and relationship broken, there are 2 resultant effects.
25. One is that you feel incomplete now that he/she is no longer present in your daily life. #SoulTies
26. Second is that you cannot concentrate on anything productive including the worship of God. #SoulTies
27. Why? Cos in addition to your spirit, you need a wholesome mind and soul to function successfully. #SoulTies
28. Hannah prayed in 1 Samuel 1:15 and poured out her soul before The Lord. She got a miracle baby. #SoulTies
29. You cannot pour out your whole soul before The Lord when a half of it is with Kunle or Jennifer. #SoulTies
30. It feels like he/she went away with a part of you and you always crave to have him or her back else u will break down. #SoulTies
31. U pick up your phone and keep looking at his pictures wishing he never dumped u. He’s like cocaine to your systems. #SoulTies
32. Ur phone rings and u entertain the fantasies that he’s the one calling to say he’s sorry & that he’s back. Yimmu! #SoulTies
33. Your door bell rings and you wish he’s the one there with a bunch of flowers & chocolates. #SoulTies
34. It means he still has a part of your soul and that’s spiritually dangerous for your health. #SoulTies
35. I want to pause here to say that this isn’t a motivational broadcast but the gospel of Jesus Christ. #SoulTies
36. We are looking at this from the standard of the Word of God and no less than that. No compromise. #SoulTies
37. The flesh finds the Word of God and the Spirit of God unbearable but we cannot dilute the message. #SoulTies
38. The relationships that leave the worst debris behind are the sexual ones. #SoulTies
39. Most men ‘recover quickly’ from these because they locate new sex partners ASAP and business as usual continues. #SoulTies
40. Most women don’t recover quick from these cos they were more emotionally involved than men when these relationships were on. #SoulTies
41. This then leads women to launch into a series of actions that can often cause collateral damage both to them and their ex’s. #SoulTies
42. That could be what gave birth to the saying “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” when women go ballistic after a break. #SoulTies
43. You then mount guard over your ex-boyfriend’s TL to check if he has found love elsewhere. Idle mind –> devil’s workshop #SoulTies
44. Sadly, this happens with men & women of all ages and creed. In church and on the streets. #SoulTies
45. Monitoring an ex’s TL is now big business among heartbroken men and women in the 21st century. Very silly to say the least. #SoulTies
46. Instead of worshipping Jesus first thing in the morning, u check ex’s Twitter TL to see if he’s chatting another girl. #SoulTies
47. Ur ex turns on his engagement status on FB and u start stalking him on the open internet to destroy his proposed wedding. #SoulTies
48. You then make it a mission to go defile his marriage by luring him sexually to get one over his new wife. #SoulTies
49. I submit to you: That is obsession knocking very fast on the door of demonic oppression. Deliverance is here for you. #SoulTies
50. Your own flavor may not look this demonic but it’s still very harmful to your future. #SoulTies
51. You have never imagined a future better than being with him, now that he’s gone, your whole world is fallen apart. #SoulTies
52. But the #SoulTies remain & your soul retains him as the man everyone subsequent man must measure up to.
53. What this means is that he has ‘fingerprinted’ your soul. Your soul now bears his imprint. #SoulTies
54. What happens when shoppers fingerprint a bread loaf so deeply on the store shelf? #SoulTies
55. No one would want to buy a loaf that has been visibly fingerprinted. Same happens emotionally #SoulTies
56. You won’t get a husband easily if your soul still carries the ‘fingerprint’ of your ex. #SoulTies
57. How do I know a lady is fingerprinted? When your standards for me come from your ex, his fingerprint is on u. #SoulTies
58. Your ex gave you a teddy bear that no one in your house must ever unsettle. U have #SoulTies debris. A god u worship.
59. He has since married but u still crave for his phone call just to hear his voice that sounds therapeutic. U have #SoulTies debris.
60. You draw pictures of her in your bible in church while ur pastor is preaching. U have #SoulTies debris and u need a spiritual detox.
61. How do we get free? This is only for those who genuinely want to be free. If not, we excuse u. Go watch some TV. #SoulTies
62. First u must acknowledge you have a problem that needs solving so we turn to God first for help. #SoulTies
63. Your urge to tweet an ex’s followers on her wedding day saying ‘you hit it first’ is clearly demonic. #SoulTies
64. It’s the manifestation of residual #SoulTies that have metamorphosed into an uncontrollable demonic rage. #SoulTies
65. Ps 131:2 Surely I have behaved & quieted myself,as a child that is weaned of his mother:my soul is even as a weaned child. #SoulTies
66. Ps 23:3a He restoreth my soul…. #SoulTies
67. 1st step to getting delivered is to pray to God using these 2 scriptures and declaring them over yourself. #SoulTies
68. Ps 132:2 talks about us having our souls weaned just like a child gets weaned off breast milk. #SoulTies
69. It’s not an enjoyable process for child and mother but it must be done. #SoulTies
70. You will never grow to be a strong and productive Christian if you don’t wean yourself of #SoulTies left behind by a break up.
71. This will require you to pray in tongues daily using these scriptures cos u need the Holy Spirit to help you here. #SoulTies
72. If u can’t pray in tongues, then find a bible believing and spirit filled church near you. They’ll help u receive the gift. #SoulTies
73. If u are not baptized with the spirit & can’t pray in tongues, u can’t overcome #SoulTies. U can’t do it in ur own ability. Acts 1:8
74. Declare everyday over urself at least 10 times. “Jesus has restored my soul. My soul is no longer broken in Jesus’ name.” #SoulTies
75. Words & prayers are the most important step to breaking free. Practise praying in tongues daily for at least 15 minutes. #SoulTies
76. We finish with steps 2 & 3 next week Sunday. #SoulTies
77. Step 2 is destroying the idols & foreign gods you picked up in that relationship. #SoulTies
78. Step 3 is ceasing all social media & physical contact. This is even COMPULSORY if the relationship was SEXUAL. #SoulTies
79. Please feel free to reply and retweet these tweets. #SoulTies Please visit our blog for previous editions. http://dld.bz/cUczd
80. There will be a re-run tomorrow at 12:00noon Nigerian time / 11:00am GMT. #SoulTies
81. I think our last post for the year will be next Sunday 22nd December. #SoulTies See you soon.
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site. My BB pin is 7C5BBD57.
Your servant in Christ