Welcome to #SoulTies 26. In this this session, we examine the subject of Masturbation? Is it right or wrong? We start by examining the Old Testament to see if God endorsed it or outlawed it. This is the 1st of a 3-part series on Masturbation. Please don’t miss #SoulTies 27 & 28.
My contact details are
BB pin: 7C5BBD57
Twitter: @SoulTiesTweets http://www.twitter.com/soultiestweets
Twitter: @solaadio http://www.twitter.com/solaadio
Google+: Olusola Adio https://plus.google.com/+OlusolaAdio
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 26 Tweetcast
#SoulTies 26 starts shortly.
- Is Masturbation a Sin? (Part 1)
- I want to state that we are not here to condemn anyone or stigmatize anyone who has repeatedly fallen into sin due to #SoulTies
- We are here to expose #SoulTies as the works of the enemy that the blood of Jesus has been shed to purge us from.
- I also want to say that this isn’t a motivational broadcast but this is the gospel of Jesus Christ. #SoulTies
- We are looking at this from the standard of the Word of God and no less. No compromise. #SoulTies
- The flesh finds the Word and the Spirit of God unbearable but we cannot dilute the message. #SoulTies
- Please take time off to LIKE our Facebook page using this link http://dld.bz/cU2zp #SoulTies
- Please join our FaceBook group here as well to receive timely updates about our activities. http://dld.bz/cU4fR #SoulTies
- Going forward, we’ll be hosting more interactive #SoulTies hangouts and reducing the frequency of the tweets.
- So please be sure to hook up with me on Google+ for the hangouts. https://plus.google.com/+OlusolaAdio #SoulTies
- In these #SoulTies hangouts, there’ll be room for people to ask questions about what we have been learning.
- I also have a BBM pin dedicated to #SoulTies; 7c5bbd57 so you can hook up on BBM at your earliest convenience.
- Please visit our new blog page to access audio downloads of the #SoulTies tweets. http://dld.bz/dgwCB
- Please follow @SoulTiesTweets an account dedicated solely to #SoulTies just for you to read #SoulTies stuff. Kindly RT.
- I interact a lot on my personal account @solaadio so if you want to avoid my constant sparring, @SoulTiesTweets is better. #SoulTies
- But if u choose to stay with @solaadio, u miss nothing. All my #SoulTies tweets feed into @solaadio, @SoulTiesTweets & @charisgrays
- Today, we are discussing masturbation. is it a sin or not? Should the Christian indulge in it or not? #SoulTies
- This broadcast is not being served to everyone but spirit-filled Christians interested in walking victoriously with God. #SoulTies
- This broadcast is not being served as a commandment to anyone here so it can be ignored if it doesn’t go down well with u. #SoulTies
- Let’s get into business. Is Masturbation a sin or not? #SoulTies
- I would define masturbation as d act of stimulating ur sexual organ till u reach excitation, plateau, ejaculation or orgasm. #SoulTies
- I ran through my concordance looking for masturbation and I couldn’t find any occurrence of it in the bible. #SoulTies
- I also couldn’t find masturbation in the list of specific sins God commanded us against both in OT & NT. #SoulTies
- Effectively, we can’t find God directly forbidding masturbation or authorising masturbation. #SoulTies
- On d basis of my last 3 tweets, I allude that God said nothing specific about d legitimacy or non-legitimacy of masturbation. #SoulTies
- We then continue by eliminating all d traditional arguments against masturbation before zooming in on its negative effects. #SoulTies
- The first argument against masturbation is usually drawn from an account of some guy called Onan. #SoulTies
- Gen 38:8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother’s wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. #SoulTies
- Gen 38:9a And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother’s wife.. #SoulTies
- Gen 38:9b ….. that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. #SoulTies
- Gen 38:10 And the thing which he did displeased the Lord:wherefore he slew him also. #SoulTies
- In ancient culture, when a man died without kids, his brother was called in to impregnate his wife so he too can have kids. #SoulTies
- Onan turned up for the assignment. He stuck his organ in the woman but pulled it out before the sperms could flow out. #SoulTies
- The Lord was so angry with Onan over this mischievous act that He executed Onan. #SoulTies
- It doesn’t sound like masturbation to me what Onan did there. He had full sex but pulled out before d sperms could get out #SoulTies
- Onan then went on to spill his sperms on the floor and the Lord struck him for not providing seed for his late brother. #SoulTies
- The Lord didn’t kill Onan for masturbating cos he didn’t. D Lord killed him for refusing to raise kids for his dead brother. #SoulTies
- So this scripture passage cannot be used as an argument to assert that the Lord is displeased with masturbation. #SoulTies
- Lets examine another passage that is used by scholars to argue against the legitimacy of masturbation. #SoulTies
- Pro 6:26 For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought 2 a piece of bread: & d adulteress will hunt for d precious life. #SoulTies
- Pro 6:27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? #SoulTies
- This passage in Prov 6:26-27 again makes no reference to masturbation but to full sex with a whore or adulteress. #SoulTies
- With these 2 scriptures out of the way, we can safely conclude that God was silent about masturbation in the OT. #SoulTies
- God’s definition of sin in the OT was described articulately in detail through the laws that He gave to Israel. #SoulTies
- I started this conversation by saying that these tweets are directed to believers who have received Christ & d Holy Spirit. #SoulTies
- Let’s start to make our incursion into the New Testament. The coming of Christ is a huge game changer. #SoulTies
- Under the Old Testament, sin was defined as an outward violation of commandments but Jesus changed the game. #SoulTies
- Lets check out Matthew 5:27-28 #SoulTies
- Matt. 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: #SoulTies
- Matt 5:28a But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her ….. #SoulTies
- Matt 5:28b ….. hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. #SoulTies
- Jesus expanded the definition of sin from mere outward violation of laws to include an inward lust for the forbidden things. #SoulTies
- Just avoiding an outward violation of God’s laws isn’t enough to walk in the Spirit. #SoulTies
- The Words of Christ need to renew our minds after our spirits have been reborn for us to walk above sin. Rom 12;1-2 #SoulTies
- For us born again Christians, it’s not only just an outward compliance but an inward submission of our thoughts to Christ. #SoulTies
- Jesus is effectively saying that escaping an outward violation of OT commandments isn’t enough to please God. #SoulTies
- Heb 11:6a says But without faith it is impossible to please him:for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,… #SoulTies
- Heb 11:6b says …. and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. #SoulTies
- Rom 14:21 says And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, cos he eateth not of faith:for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. #SoulTies
- We continue in Part 2. If you got here, don’t miss Part 2 tomorrow for anything. Part 1 is the foundation #SoulTies
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site. My BB pin is 7C5BBD57.
Your servant in Christ
November 7, 2014 at 1:02 pm
Reblogged this on INSIGHTS!.
November 11, 2014 at 11:27 am
very informative… on to part2. Thumbs up and God bless you.