Welcome to #SoulTies 27. In this this session, we examine the subject of Masturbation. We examine the sayings of Jesus and the definition of sin under the New Testament and verify whether masturbation is sin or not.. This is the 2nd of a 3-part series on Masturbation. We also examine popular theological arguments about masturbation. Please don’t also miss #SoulTies 28 coming after this.
My contact details are
BB pin: 7C5BBD57
Twitter: @SoulTiesTweets http://www.twitter.com/soultiestweets
Twitter: @solaadio http://www.twitter.com/solaadio
Google+: Olusola Adio https://plus.google.com/+OlusolaAdio
Please find below Flickr & iCloud links for the Soul Ties 27 Tweetcast
#SoulTies 27 starts shortly.
- Is Masturbation a Sin? (Part 2). If you missed (Part 1), please check my tweets from 7:00pm yesterday.
- I want to state that we are not here to condemn anyone or stigmatize anyone who has repeatedly fallen into sin due to #SoulTies
- We are here to expose #SoulTies as the works of the enemy that the blood of Jesus has been shed to purge us from.
- I also want to say that this isn’t a motivational broadcast but this is the gospel of Jesus Christ. #SoulTies
- We are looking at this from the standard of the Word of God and no less. No compromise. #SoulTies
- The flesh finds the Word and the Spirit of God unbearable but we cannot dilute the message. #SoulTies
- Please take time off to LIKE our Facebook page using this link http://dld.bz/cU2zp #SoulTies
- Please join our FaceBook group here as well to receive timely updates about our activities. http://dld.bz/cU4fR #SoulTies
- Going forward, we’ll be hosting more interactive #SoulTies hangouts and reducing the frequency of the tweets.
- So please be sure to hook up with me on Google+ for the hangouts. https://plus.google.com/+OlusolaAdio #SoulTies
- In these #SoulTies hangouts, there’ll be room for people to ask questions about what we have been learning.
- I also have a BBM pin dedicated to #SoulTies; 7c5bbd57 so you can hook up on BBM at your earliest convenience.
- Please visit our new blog page to access audio downloads of the #SoulTies tweets. http://dld.bz/dgwCB
- Please follow @SoulTiesTweets an account dedicated solely to #SoulTies just for you to read #SoulTies stuff. Kindly RT.
- I interact a lot on my personal account @solaadio so if you want to avoid my constant sparring, @SoulTiesTweets is better. #SoulTies
- But if u choose to stay with @solaadio, u miss nothing. All my #SoulTies tweets feed into @solaadio, @SoulTiesTweets & @charisgrays
- Today, we are discussing masturbation. is it a sin or not? Should the Christian indulge in it or not? #SoulTies
- This broadcast is not being served to everyone but spirit-filled Christians interested in walking victoriously with God. #SoulTies
- Let’s get into business. Is Masturbation a sin or not? #SoulTies (Part 2)
- We stopped yesterday at d point where Jesus expanded the definition of adultery from d act alone to also include d thoughts #SoulTies
- We also saw from Rom 14:21 that whatsoever that wasn’t of faith or done in faith was sin. #SoulTies
- We run through a bunch of scriptures over the next 10 tweets #SoulTies
- Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. #SoulTies
- Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. #SoulTies
- Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. #SoulTies
- Let’s move on to see the progression of sin in James 1:13-15 #SoulTies
- James 1:13a Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: #SoulTies
- James 1:13b for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: #SoulTies
- James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. #SoulTies
- James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin:and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. #SoulTies
- From all these scriptures, we see clearly that sin starts its journey from d carnal thoughts and it culminates in actions. #SoulTies
- Anything carnal and fleshly, even if not defined in the bible as sin, is SIN. It pitches you against God. #SoulTies
- The New Testament believer has not been called to live or walk in the flesh despite the excuses men give for doing so. #SoulTies
- Our salvation puts us in a place where the Spirit of God empowers us by grace to walk in the spirit and not in the flesh #SoulTies
- Gal 5:16 says —> This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. #SoulTies
- Where does masturbation fit into these scriptures? We’ll spend the rest of the hour fitting it in. #SoulTies
- Masturbation starts as an uncontrolled carnal & sexual thought. It starts with the thought of adultery with a person. #SoulTies
- On occasions when there is no availability of a consenting partner, these thoughts are then turned into masturbation. #SoulTies
- For d majority of people who masturbate, if there was a partner and space, a full sexual experience would have been sought #SoulTies
- Jesus re-defined adultery to include the thought of doing it. This is the root thought that produces masturbation. #SoulTies
- Not only that, many times when masturbation is followed through, it still doesn’t quench the thirst for adultery. #SoulTies
- So on many occasions, masturbation leaves a continuing thought of adultery behind and a quest for practising it. #SoulTies
- Some scholars argue that masturbation can be used by Christians to stay away from adultery since there was no partner. #SoulTies
- The argument in my last tweet is fundamentally flawed because masturbation does not purge the thoughts of adultery away. #SoulTies
- Instead, masturbation becomes a dangerous addiction that a person embraces in a futile & fleshly bid to preserve chastity. #SoulTies
- There are Christians who used masturbation this way while single & are still dangerously addicted to it after marrying. #SoulTies
- Some married men would rather masturbate alone than have sex with their spouses cos they r so addicted to masturbation now. #SoulTies
- Some married men after masturbating, still sought further sexual release and have been known to cheat with other women. #SoulTies
- When we stick masturbation into our cycle of sin defined in tweets 28-31, we can see clearly that it is both carnal & fleshly. #SoulTies
- U cannot prescribe a carnal & fleshly weapon of masturbation to Christians to fight adultery. That’s not spiritually smart. #SoulTies
- Simply speaking, MASTURBATION results from and also multiplies thoughts of adultery in a person’s mind. #SoulTies
- So is MASTURBATION a sin? A big YES. It results from lustful thoughts of adultery and results into more lustful thoughts. #SoulTies
- A woman can’t just thrust a finger or plastic toy in & out of her organ, without a carnal thought of adultery. #SoulTies
- A man can’t just caress his organ till he ejaculates without having whipped up a fantasy of adultery in his mind. #SoulTies
- Some argue again that married people need to masturbate to get themselves into the right sexual mode in the bedroom. #SoulTies
- That argument again is fundamentally flawed. Masturbation is not the same as foreplay between spouses done in d bedroom. #SoulTies
- Foreplay is done between spouses as part of the deal. Masturbation is done alone & you can end up on Delilah’s laps with it. #SoulTies
- Some also argue again that masturbation can be used to stay out of trouble while being temporarily away from your spouse. #SoulTies
- That argument again is fundamentally flawed. It’s a fleshly weapon. Men who do it could still end up on Delilah’s laps. #SoulTies
- We meet tomorrow at 7:00pm for the final part. MASTURBATION is bad for the Christian cos it’s carnal & fleshly. #SoulTies
If you have been blessed by this piece and you want to share your prayer requests or testimonies with me, please use this contact form. Your email will come straight to me and will not be published on this site. My BB pin is 7C5BBD57.
Your servant in Christ