Welcome to #SoulTies 37, #WelcomeTo2016 Episode 4
My contact details are
BB pin: SOULTIES
Twitter: @SoulTiesTweets http://www.twitter.com/soultiestweets
Twitter: @solaadio http://www.twitter.com/solaadio
Google+: Olusola Adio https://plus.google.com/+OlusolaAdio
- Welcome to #WelcomeTo2016 Episode 4
- #WelcomeTo2016 Today I continue with our series on how to seek the kingdom of God and it’s righteousness.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Yesterday, we started looking at the parable of the sower in Mark 4.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The parable of the sower is the rosetta stone of Christianity. Understand it and you understand Christianity.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The parable of the sower gives you an understanding of how to successfully produce results with God’s Word
- #WelcomeTo2016 Even a massive prayer life without understanding and operating the parable of the sower will be very erratic.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Christianity is much closer to the farming profession than the emergency services profession.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Christianity operates largely based on the seed and harvest principle. You reap what you sow.
- #WelcomeTo2016 You are more productive with God by sowing the right seeds in advance than shooting emergency prayers
- #WelcomeTo2016 We need pulpits to emphasise more on sowing God’s Word in advance than just emergency prayers.
- #WelcomeTo2016 If you have a non-life threatening situation at hand, you can produce a result sowing God’s Word within 1 calendar year.
- #WelcomeTo2016 We already established that the seed for progress and change is the Word of God.
- #WelcomeTo2016 From previous broadcasts also, we established that the ground or soil where seeds are planted is our hearts.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Whether or not the Word of God will produce in your life to manifest the kingdom depends on the state of your heart.
- #WelcomeTo2016 We intend to look at 4 states of heart. Yesterday, we treated the wayside heart.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus gave a description of each heart as He explained the parable of the sower.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Please note that it is possible for a Christian to operate in any of the 4 hearts.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Please refer to episode 3 to learn about the wayside heart and how not to have one.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Today we look at the stony ground heart as described by Jesus in the parable of the sower.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Heart 2: The Stony Ground Heart
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus describes the stony ground heart in Mark 4:5-6 & Matthew 13:5-6. See the next 3 tweets.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:5a And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; ….
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:5b …. and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Matthew 13:5a Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth:….
- #WelcomeTo2016 Matthew 13:5b….:and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
- #WelcomeTo2016 Matthew 13:6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
- #WelcomeTo2016 A stony ground is one that is riddled with stones & the seed can hardly sink deep roots into it before growing upwards.
- #WelcomeTo2016 A stony ground is one that is riddled with stones that stops the seed from rooting deeply into the it.
- #WelcomeTo2016 From what Jesus said, it appeared the stony ground did not prevent the seed from springing upwards for visible growth.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The root system of a plant or tree is what underpins and supports it’s external and outward growth.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The future of a plant is in doubt if it isn’t supported by a well developed and commensurate root system.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The root system is what determines the strength and durability of a plant or tree.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The root system of a tree or plant is developed under the ground away from watching eyes.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Outward emergence of a plant does not guarantee it’s success if it isn’t supported by a strong & invisible root system.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Any structure or plant that doesn’t take proper root before springing up is prone to collapse caused by contrary forces.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus then gave the explanation of the stony ground heart in Mark 4:16-17 & Matthew 13:20-21. See the next few tweets.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:16a And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who,…
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:16b …. when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:17a And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time:afterward, ….
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:17b ….when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word’s sake, immediately they are offended.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Matthew 13:20a But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word,…
- #WelcomeTo2016 Matthew 13:20b ….and anon with joy receiveth it;
- #WelcomeTo2016 Matthew 13:21a Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while:…
- #WelcomeTo2016 Matthew 13:21b …:for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus explained that a Christian with a stony heart is one that receives the Word with gladness but fizzles out shortly
- #WelcomeTo2016 A stony ground heart is where trials and persecutions arise to create offence that stops the Word from producing.
- #WelcomeTo2016 A stony ground heart is a heart that lacks depth because of the stones. This prevents the Word from taking root.
- #WelcomeTo2016 A Christian with a stony heart is one that has not taken time to develop roots or depth with the Word he/she received
- #WelcomeTo2016 A Christian with a stony heart is one who goes out to either broadcast or implement the Word without any depth.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The stony heart Christian starts out with loads of excitement and enthusiasm that fizzles out after a while.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The stony heart Christian is one who hasn’t taken time to create depth in himself with the Word that was sown.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The stony heart Christian is one who has not developed a root system to support his/her desired outward manifestation
- #WelcomeTo2016 A typical example is when Christians get into a new year with resolutions and forget all about them after 3 weeks.
- #WelcomeTo2016 If u don’t have a routine of creating depth with the Word sown into your heart, you’ll keep fizzling out of enthusiasm.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Every plant has an unseen rooting process that goes on to support the weight of it’s external structure.
- #WelcomeTo2016 If Christians don’t dedicate themselves to developing roots in secret, they won’t prevail against trials & afflictions.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus also said that trials and persecutions arose for the Word’s sake (not for your sake)
- #WelcomeTo2016 Satan cannot stop the Word from producing but he can keep your heart (soil) in an unproductive state.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Satan has no problem with you as a Christian if the Word isn’t being sown into your heart. You are not a threat to him.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The moment you exposed your heart to God’s Word for productivity, he gets to work against your heart.
- #WelcomeTo2016 On the wayside heart level, he comes directly to steal the Word from you so it doesn’t produce.
- #WelcomeTo2016 On the stony heart level, he watches you go off in excitement about the Word and then attacks your roots-less progress
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus went on to liken the sun that scorched the roots-less plant to persecutions that scorched the roots-less Christian
- #WelcomeTo2016 In farming, the sun’s heat and light are meant to help the plant grow through photosynthesis.
- #WelcomeTo2016 However, this growth will not be achieved if the plant has no roots supplying water and nutrients to it.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The sunlight and heat designed to help the plant grow and flourish scorched the roots-less plant.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The trials and persecutions designed to strengthen the believer knocks him out instead if he has no roots.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The trial of Goliath brought David to a new level because he had hidden roots developed over years in secret.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The trial of Goliath depressed the rest of the nation of Israel because they had no roots. Same God but David had roots
- #WelcomeTo2016 The same sun that melts candles into a mess is what hardens clay pots to become robust and useful.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Varying outcomes of trials & afflictions in our lives are not down to God but down to our personal spiritual depth.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Varying outcomes of trials & afflictions in our lives are not down to satan but down to our personal spiritual depth.
- #WelcomeTo2016 We don’t seem to have a very strong teaching emphasis on what believers should be doing in secret & private
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus had a private life. A clue to His private life was when He mentioned things our heavenly father sees in secret.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus said we are rewarded openly as we fast, give and pray in secret. That’s the Christian’s secret life.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Getting the Word sown to take deep root in our hearts is a private process not a public church process.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The process of letting the Word sown to take root in your heart cannot be replaced with your manual church activities.
- #WelcomeTo2016 It’s dangerous for churches to fill members schedules up with activities leaving no time for private Word meditation.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Our next major assignment after receiving a seed of the Word is not to broadcast it but to let it root in our hearts.
- #WelcomeTo2016 When we let the Word take root in our hearts, we develop enough backbone to overcome trials and persecutions
- #WelcomeTo2016 When we let the Word take root in our hearts, we don’t get uprooted by contrary winds blowing against our expectations.
- #WelcomeTo2016 When God’s Word concerning finances hasn’t taken root in you, rumours of economic doom on Twitter will unsettle you.
- #WelcomeTo2016 When God’s Word concerning marriage hasn’t taken root in you, divorce stats on Twitter will unsettle you.
- #WelcomeTo2016 When God’s Word concerning marriage hasn’t taken root in you, you’ll join Twitter lords to say all men/women are cheats.
- #WelcomeTo2016 We will look at the heart filled with thorns and the good heart, same time tomorrow in Episode 5.
Your servant in Christ