Welcome to #SoulTies 38, #WelcomeTo2016 Episode 5
My contact details are
BB pin: SOULTIES
Twitter: @SoulTiesTweets http://www.twitter.com/soultiestweets
Twitter: @solaadio http://www.twitter.com/solaadio
Google+: Olusola Adio https://plus.google.com/+OlusolaAdio
- Welcome to #WelcomeTo2016 Episode 5
- #WelcomeTo2016 Today I continue with our series on how to seek the kingdom of God and it’s righteousness.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Yesterday, we started looking at the parable of the sower in Mark 4.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The parable of the sower is the rosetta stone of Christianity. Understand it and you understand Christianity.
- #WelcomeTo2016 The parable of the sower gives you an understanding of how to successfully produce results with God’s Word
- #WelcomeTo2016 Even a massive prayer life without understanding and operating the parable of the sower will be very erratic.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Christianity is much closer to the farming profession than the emergency services profession.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Christianity operates largely based on the seed and harvest principle. You reap what you sow.
- #WelcomeTo2016 You are more productive with God by sowing the right seeds in advance than shooting emergency prayers
- #WelcomeTo2016 We need pulpits to emphasise more on sowing God’s Word in advance than just emergency prayers.
- #WelcomeTo2016 If you have a non-life threatening situation at hand, you can produce a result sowing God’s Word within 1 calendar year.
- #WelcomeTo2016 We already established that the seed for progress and change is the Word of God.
- #WelcomeTo2016 From previous broadcasts also, we established that the ground or soil where seeds are planted is our hearts.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Whether or not the Word of God will produce in your life to manifest the kingdom depends on the state of your heart.
- #WelcomeTo2016 We intend to look at 4 states of heart. Yesterday, we treated the wayside heart.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus gave a description of each heart as He explained the parable of the sower.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Please note that it is possible for a Christian to operate in any of the 4 hearts.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Please refer to episode 3 to learn about the wayside heart and how not to have one.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Please refer to episode 4 to learn about the stony heart and how not to have one.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Today we look at the heart filled with thorns as described by Jesus in the parable of the sower.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Heart 3: Heart filled with thorns
- #WelcomeTo2016 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus said seeds of the incorruptible Word that fell among thorns got choked and produced no result.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus said the thorns were already there growing before the seeds of God’s Word were sown in.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:19a And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, …..
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:19b ….and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Jesus pointed out 3 things that made up the thorns that choked the Word from producing in the believer’s life.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Thorn 1: Cares of this world
- #WelcomeTo2016 Cares of this world are concerns that grip our minds on daily basis that prevent us from paying attention to God’s Word.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Cares of this world are also legitimate concerns that steal private fellowship time away from believers.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Even a Christian minister can be overcome by the cares of the world in ministry work & neglect private fellowship time.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Cares of this world are legitimate concerns that choke up all the attention we should be giving to God’s Word.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Thorn 2: Deceitfulness of riches
- #WelcomeTo2016 There is a false confidence that riches give to people that make them despise the things of God.
- #WelcomeTo2016 There is a false confidence that riches give to the wealthy over every challenge of life.
- #WelcomeTo2016 It is possible for riches to deceive Christians into neglecting the seed of God’s Word sown into their hearts.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil. So the love of money produces thorns in a believer’s heart.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Thorn 3: Lusts of other things
- #WelcomeTo2016 Lusts of other things are things that the believer is sentimentally attached to that is contrary to God’s Word
- #WelcomeTo2016 While in university, I saw ladies lust for attention from men, get pulled away from the things of God by Bozos.
- #WelcomeTo2016 All forms of #SoulTies operating in a believer’s life come under the lusts of other things. #SoulTies are lusts.
- #WelcomeTo2016 There are many types of lusts that can choke God’s Word from being fruitful in the believer’s life.
- #WelcomeTo2016 These lusts include lusts for sex, sleep, food, alcohol, drugs, attention, money, chocolate, accessories etc
- #WelcomeTo2016 These 3 thorns work together in the believer’s heart to choke off seeds of God’s Word sown into the believer’s heart.
- #WelcomeTo2016 We conclude our discussion about the heart filled with thorns and we go on to discuss the 4th type of heart.
- #WelcomeTo2016 Heart 4: Good Ground heart
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:8a And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; ….
- #WelcomeTo2016 Mark 4:8b …and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.
- #WelcomeTo2016 A good ground heart is that which has been tilled for the thorns to be pulled out and stones taken away for productivity
- #WelcomeTo2016 What are the steps we should take in getting the Word to take root deep down into our hearts?
- #WelcomeTo2016 We will look at these, same time tomorrow in Episode 6.
Your servant in Christ